Tour Meekos custom made multi level bunny enclosure
Who lives there?
Meet Meeko, he is a 6 month old Mini lop. He is shy towards people, playful with cats and dogs.
How the enclosure was build
I got a 4ft x 4ft cage. Then I got four 2” x 8’ board kind of things from Lowe’s they were like eight dollars each I think. Then have you ever been in the old person’s house and they had like wood around the walls. If you walk around Lowes you’ll see it it’s a huge 4 ft x 8 ft board and it looks like a legit wood floor it was $10 and Lowes will cut things for you so I had them Cut it in half and then I kept one full 4 x 4 half And then the other half I cut in half so it was 2 x 4. I don’t know if you got that same cage that I had but I base my measurements off that cage.
They also sell turf Welcome Matt at job lot so I got 2 black and two green cuz they only had two green And they had other colors like pink and blue and orange.
More About the setup
- Q- What special features does it have?
- A - It has a second floor. It did have a ram but I ended up taking it out.
- Q - What escape proofing does it have?
- A- The roof can be completely sealed and its then inescapable.
- Q - When dose the enclosure get used?
- A - Always, Meeko doesn’t even like to come out anymore.
- Q - How do other pets relate to the enclosure?
- A - The cat likes to go in with him and he liked her in there.
- Q ? How is the enclosure accessed for cleaning?
- A - I can go right in and vacuum.
Need more help? Why not ask the Bunny proofing group!
We are a community of house rabbit enthusiasts that love to share our experiences of living with these special pets. We like posting tips on enriching our bunnies environments, preventing damage to our homes and making them safe for our bunnies to live in.